2021 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
When properly equipped the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 maximum towing capacity reaches 11,800 pounds with the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine with the Max Trailering Package, making it an ideal light-duty pickup option for Bakersfield drivers who need superior capabilities on the job. Learn more about what’s needed to reach that GMC Sierra towing capacity and explore Sierra towing features before you get behind the wheel at Delano Chevrolet Buick GMC in Delano!
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
The Sierra 1500 can handle up to 11,800 pounds with the 4WD Crew Cab, 6.2L V8 engine, and Max Trailering Package. This pickup truck has a wide array of styles, features, and sizes that all affect its towing capability. Some of those choices include:
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Trim levels and accessories options
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Max Trailering Package: This package is needed to reach the 11,800-pound towing capacity. It equips your Sierra with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When using Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake automatically sets when you put your truck in Park to avoid rolling.
- Trailering Camera Package: This package adds on two side-view mirror cameras to make changing lanes and reversing easier when you have a trailer in tow. It can also be paired with a trailer-mounted camera for greater visibility.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system adjusts the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping, depending on which drive mode you’re in.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Control buttons situated on the center console give drivers the ability to manipulate and monitor the trailer brakes.
What Is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
With the available ProGrade Trailering System, you’ll gain access to innovative towing technology that utilizes high-resolution cameras, your Sierra’s infotainment display, and integrated smartphone apps to make towing through Porterville easier than ever.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: This feature shows you a dynamic grid line and offers a zoom capability to help you hitch up your trailer correctly on the first try.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Even when you’re by yourself, you can test your trailer lights before you hit the road with the trailer light sequence test.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: Includes pre-departure checklists, Trailer Theft Detection, programmable trailer brake settings, and more.
Get Behind the Wheel at Delano Chevrolet Buick GMC
Ready to take on the power of the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500? Contact us to set up a test drive and check out our new Sierra 1500 inventory! Continue your research before your visit when you explore the link to MFB or comparison, and be sure to take a look at our new vehicle specials. If you’d like to get the financing process started from home in Tulare, you can also apply online to get pre-qualified.
Learn More at Delano Chevrolet Buick GMC
The 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500towing capacity of the LTD configuration, reaches up to 13,300 pounds, when properly equipped. Some of the design elements that influence the towing capacity include a hydroformed and boxed high-strength steel frame. Handling heavy loads is easier than ever with an array of newly updated towing features. Learn more about…
Have you been looking through the latest Chevy Silverado models? If you are browsing the various Silverado 1500 trim levels you may not know which will work out best for your Bakersfield drives. This model year also introduces a new Silverado 1500 trim: the 2022 Silverado ZR2. The ZR2 takes the Silverado name into…
The 2022 Chevrolet Tahoe is one of the most impressive and capable vehicles on the roads of Tulare today. Not only is this SUV equipped with the latest interior and safety specs, but the performance capabilities are taken to another level with this SUV, especially the 2022 Chevy Tahoe towing capacity! Many of our…